Epson Printer Troubleshooting
Checking for software updates:
It is essential to check the Epson’s support website regularly for the latest available software updates for your Epson printer. From the Home screen of your Epson printer, choose Download Latest Software to download the updated software and drivers.
- Windows: Generally, your printer software checks for updates automatically. You can also check for updates manually by entering the Epson Software page from your windows computer. It is available in the Maintenance tab accessible through the Printer icon in Windows task bar.
- Macintosh (OS X): For Mac OS also updates are automatically installed on your Epson printer. You can also manually check for updates by clicking the EPSON Software Updater present in the Epson software folder under Applications.
How to align the print head using the printer’s control panel?
- Go to Home – – > Setup – – > Maintenance – – > Print Head Alignment.
- If the vertical lines in your printout are misaligned, choose Vertical Alignment. Choose Horizontal Alignment if you spot horizontal bands in your printout.
- Click on the Color button to print an alignment sheet. (A series of screens asking you to choose the best square in each pattern is printed.)
- In the sheet, select the number which represents the best square for each set and then click on Proceed.
- When you are finished selecting the patterns, click Done.
How to align the print head using a computer utility?
- Insert a stack of plain white paper in the paper tray.
- Depending on the operating system you use, perform one of the following options.
- Windows: Right click on the printer’s icon in the Windows task bar.
- OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9: Go to Apple menu – – > System Preferences – – > Printers & Scanners, Print & Fax or Print & Scan – – > Printer’s name – – > Options & Supplies – – > Utility – – > Open Printer Utility.
- OS X 10.5: Click on the Apple Menu and then select System Preferences – – > Print & Fax – – > Choose your printer’s name – – > Open Print Queue – – > Utility.
- Click on Print Head Alignment. Press the Next button.
- Select the Print option to print an alignment sheet.
- Cross check the printed pattern and then do one of the following.
- Choose pattern numbers for each set and click Next.
- If the patterns do not match in one or more sets, select the closest matching sets, and then click on Realignment. The printer prints another alignment sheet for the users to check.
- After completing the process, press Finish button
How to run a product check?
To check if your printer is running properly, do run a product check every fortnight.
- Firstly, disconnect the interface cables that are connected to your printer.
- Stack your paper tray with plain white paper.
- Click on the Home button and then select Setup.
- Select the Maintenance option.
- From the list of options available, choose Print Head Nozzle Check.
- Click on the Color button. The nozzle pattern of the printer is printed.
- After you receive the nozzle check pattern, do one of the following
- If the nozzle check pattern is complete, it means your printer is working properly.
- If the nozzle check pattern has gaps in it, do clean or align the print head of your printer.
- If the nozzle check pattern is not printed, check for other printer related issues.
Network software cannot find product on a network
- Your printer must be switched on and connected to the wireless network. You can verify the connection using the printer’s control panel.
- Make sure your network name (SSID) does not contain non – ASCII characters.
- Now, reset your printer’s network settings to their default settings.
- If you are using Windows, uninstall the printer software.
- Read the router documentation and initialize your router.
- Download and install the latest product software from the Epson website or install the software from the CD which came with the printer.